Tuesday, October 14, 2014

RHONJ Season 6-- WTF is going on?!


Today I wanted to break down some of the things going on this season on the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I’m not sure what is going on with this show, but there must be some turmoil going on behind the scenes, and if production doesn’t think we can detect that, they must take us all for idiots.

This season of the Real Housewives of New Jersey started off with a bang. Within the first few episodes there were rumors and gossip going around and even a physical altercation that broke out between the twins and Amber. The ladies started to work out their issues when Victoria Gotti drops the bomb to Amber and Teresa G. that Rino cheated on his wife with his mother-in-law. Prior to the Florida trip, Teresa G. shared the rumor with Dina for reasons I’m still not exactly clear on. Dina was torn between two paths of action. Does she tell Nicole and Teresa that there is a horrific rumor going around about their family, or does she not entertain the drama and pretend that she never heard anything? In my opinion, she’s screwed either way.

The altercation during the Florida trip was supposed to rival the season three Scary Island trip of the Real Housewives of New York City where Kelly has a mental breakdown, or “breakthrough” as she calls it (perhaps she was breaking through her façade of sanity?). The Scary Island trip left me mortified yet entertained, like a train wreck you can’t stop watching. However, the Florida trip left me confused and irritated. I could make no sense of the flow of events. All I know for sure is that at one point Bobby locked himself in the bathroom like a teenage girl and Amber smoked a cigarette. Amber later apologized “to everyone” on Watch What Happens Live for smoking said cigarette… Um… I don’t really give a shit what Amber sticks in her mouth, be it in the bedroom or in public. It’s a free country…

It’s clear to me that Jim wants to solidify himself as the villain on the show. He has gone after almost every person affiliated with the show and has caused more drama than his wife. Is this a strategic move to keep Amber looking nice and innocent, or does Jim just think his wife is not entertaining and inept at keeping a job like this?  

Teresa G. is being blamed for the spreading of the rumor, but she didn’t actually spread the rumor; she only told Dina, her closest friend right now. If she wanted to hurt the twins, she could have easily spread it like wildfire to anyone who would listen. I still question Teresa G.’s intentions behind telling Dina, but it’s obvious it was not done with malicious intent. In a preview of the upcoming season finale, one of the twins, I’m still not sure how exactly to tell them apart, is shown saying “Karma’s a bitch… Clink, clink…” as she imitates a pair of handcuffed wrists. First of all, that’s a pretty horrible thing to say. Second of all, I think Teresa G. going to prison is her karma for breaking the law…but then again what do I know…

Also, Kathy and Jacqueline were not cast members this season, yet we saw them over and over again, and often times they had their own scenes. The producers decide to include these boring scenes with non-Housewives, yet they cut some of the dramatic scenes (as I will discuss below). Something just doesn’t smell right…

This brings me to the most confusing part. How is the season finale next week? The trailers for the season showed and teased many things that were not in the season. Amber calls someone “a two-bit whore”, the ladies take a trip to Atlantic City…all of this has been removed. The reunion was filmed very recently, and typically they film reunions for these shows about a month to a month and a half before they air. So this tells me that the choice to cut the season short was made very recently. What happened? Is production trying to hide something? I think we deserve an explanation. This season is abruptly ending, and the viewers are left with nothing but questions and speculation. I know it has been rumored that they are already filming next season, but they have done that before without tampering with the flow of the show. If you recall, they filmed season 4 while season 3 was airing. The Real Housewives of New Jersey was one of the most popular series of the franchise, but I think they may have screwed that up with this season. I don’t know if a great reunion and even a “lost footage” episode can make up for this confusing whirlwind of mess we have been subjected to for the past 14 weeks. I will say that some of the cast members are trying their hardest to keep us interested as they feud on Twitter, but how much will that be able to do? I guess we’ll see what happens…

Please give me your opinions on any of the matters I discussed and include your theories or rumors of why the season is being cut short so suddenly.

2 comments:

  1. I feel Jacks scenes were taped after the the fact meaning totally after the season was done taping. I feel some nonsense is going on too as to what exactly not quite sure yet. Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog boo! And i agree with your blog 1000%, Teresa G told Dina that rumor in case Amber or Jim might twist things around, basically she told her to back up Teresa A, but it didn't work out that way. I must say I was beyond excited to see this new season with new cast members because IMO the past season got really toxic and I just couldn't deal with it. However as the season has progressed I feel like this season is the worst RHONJ season EVER!!! The connection with this season cast seems off and forced, doesn't seem organic like the earlier seasons. It's too produced and they are trying too hard to bring on the drama. I feel like even the husbands/boyfriends are trying to bring it even more than their wives. Dina has no story line, neither does Kathy and Jac, all their story line revolves is Teresa G. I truly wish I was the casting director for Bravo because they keep destroying our Housewives show i.e. RHONJ RHOM and RHONY, they need to hire the producers who work on RHOC RHOBH and RHOA since they keep doing an amazing job, I'm over the twins, the only good thing they had was the rumor but other than that this season has been a complete fail. Sorry for ranting away lol!

    ReplyDelete